Sunday, December 20, 2009

Feelin Strong !

I won't be back in the shirt til the 26th...but because I wanted heavier weights today...I raised the safeties 3 inches so what I did today was more like a 'lock out' than a pin presses.
( I do pin presses from flush to my chest )

Anyway, I did raw lockouts (about a 9 inch range) with 315 for 10 365 X5 405X4-

Then with reverse bands I did

485 for 3 --
530 for 2
--550 for 5 singles...

that was an easy workout --but one that will prep me for my next shirt day ...also it didn't kill my shoulder like lifts right from the chest do.

I didn't skip my Wednesday workout...it was just a 'speed' work day 225 X4- 6 sets 275X4-3 sets 315 for '2's' for 3 sets...most of the weights went fast except--the first set of 315's--

Seems like I warm up VERY slowly...heh...almost in a time frame...like when the meet would be over, I'd be ready to go...

huh?

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Geart stuff. Good to see your training is going well. Just wanted to wish you the best of the season.

5:43 AM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

Hey TONY !!

Best of the season to you too !!
always inspired by how hard you work in your training !
hope your new set up (gym) is completely in place now !

9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home