Saturday, October 17, 2009

Better Heavy day than expected !

Before the workout I thought it might be a LOW strength day
and I
made another 10 second movie---

yes, I know....

I 'draw' funny !


But even with all my complaints lately...I was getting some good speed with the raw warm ups..308--330 and 340 all went very fast...as if the Bar speed in the bench press had restored itself...

after 10 or so warm up moves...we put on my very loose Katana the one I wanted to see if it was a good "opener" shirt--it was letting the bar down well...so 440--485 and 507 was tried and the lifts were strong --I felt fine...

but...my team said...you're lifting crooked...the bar is locking slowly on the right side...so we did 4 more lifts with 507 --yes, they just needed to be held for longer at the top before beginning--

then concentration on the bar motion...

so this shirt WILL work well for the opener--
to get settled in the meet...
before moving to higher weights--

and then as mentioned last time...the new 48 can be the the BIG weight handler....

so all in all...no eggs were 'faced'

We did lots more lifting-Nancy hit 205 lbs for 4 singles-I did reverse band work to heavy numbers--Bruce worked very hard..and we're less that 2 weeks from the WABDL Worlds !

We workout heavy again next Saturday...
that means we wont be attending our local meet...

The BCPA Fall Classic Oct 24th @ at the Roundhouse at Pacific and Davie in Vancouver...have good lifting guys !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home