Saturday, October 24, 2009

Last Heavy day before WABDL Worlds !

Probably lifted at 285 body weight in the gym today...and hit some very encouraging lifts..used a loose Katana shirt to solidify form on my openers at the WABDL Worlds in Reno on Wednesday...the old 50 gave me--a perfect 485 and 507 with ease in practice today...
then we used blue reverse bands to replicate what the tighter 48 might give us when we switch shirts--I got a very solid 540 -562 and 573 in that rehearsal--if I get this kind of power at the meet then I will be happy with my outcome...of course, if my fire is lit on the day...I might venture toward that mythical ( or is it Smithical?) 600---but for 3 weeks now...I've written it off as a bit too much for someone who has lost 30 or so pounds so quickly...today tho, things looked back in gear...

I had resisted an idea Nancy had about filling out my looser shirt in the arm area--but today I was happy to try it...between the raw bench warm ups 286 308 330 330 ...I did Hammer curls to pump the forearm area to tighten my sleeves...it worked great...I'll be hammer curling some plates in the warm up room Wednesday...

Nancy's new Phenom shirt arrived from Brent Mikesell's Iron Gladiators shop in Spokane..quickest service ever...Bruce and I squeezed Nancy into it...and it made her 200 pound press look like 100--she will definately get her 225 lb. Canadian National record on Thursday when she lifts...

I'm looking forward to Reno--I have some old friends there and may have a big gab fest during the hours after the meet...
Hal Swift, my old radio buddy turned poet will be one of my pals I will catch up with when there...

I used to do Radio in nearby South Lake tahoe in the early 60's right outta school !--as plain old Bob Smith.

5 Comments:

Blogger Tony Tomra said...

good luck and have fun.

8:09 PM  
Blogger zaitsoff said...

go get en

2:52 AM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

Thanks you guys !! I means a lot to have a word of cheer !!

10:14 AM  
Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Thanks for posting on my blog. The deads were all done raw. Not looking forward to moving my gym. I added up the dumbbells plates and stones and got 8800 lbs I didn't even want to guess what the bars and the rest of the equipment weighs. Hell even the 10 rubber mats on the floor weigh close to 2000 lbs. ahh living life with abundance. Again good luck

11:09 AM  
Blogger Ruth and Fred said...

Anxious to know how it went!!!!
*twirls*

4:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home