Sunday, November 29, 2009

Alternate Heavy Workout !

When I train with Nancy and Bruce on Saturdays, it usually is a shirt work out..a loose Katana or a Tight one, when close to a meet..to get heavier weights on the bar and practice form.

Today I had to keep the weight heavy but with reverse bands aiding in the way the shirt did..NO SHIRT USED... just bands, I chose to do it this way because of the healing of the recent hospital test..being tender from the proceedure and the biopsy points healing..no arching could be done...no super tight belt to hold a shirt down..so I had to lay flat on my back--flex no stomach muscles-use no leg drive and get heavy with varied bands, BLUE GREEN PURPLE...

I warmed up with 225- 265- 285- 308 then put on blue bands and went 385 405 455 for reps then 502 512 518 for singles and 529 for 3 singles that was my initial workout and it felt good ..I noticed that my ailing shoulder naturally changed it's angle and position to 'baby' the condition...
GEEZ 67 years old and fallin a part ...where is that Elmers??

Bruce and Nancy did the same sort of workout and hit some big reverse band numbers... I think Nancy got 397 and Bruce got 440 with using many sets of bands...as you know, when done properly..you're supporting most of the weight at the top and get plenty of help at the chest when the bands stretch..as Bruce and Nancy did their sets, I joined in and repped with the same lifts they were doing --it allowed more work for me, and more time between sets for them..

I noticed today that WABDL has already produced a schedule for 2010 --there is The Jerry Cappelo Memorial meet in Medford Oregon Feb 6th-- there is the Nationals in Portland March 13th then Phoenix has the National Push Pull in June and Olympia in July ...with the worlds being in Las Vegas at the end of 2010--

I'll probably be in the 275's this year due to my automatic weight loss that has confounded my doctors...hey, I feel OK but have one of those 'takes forever' IBD type things to conquer..ha..funny..many people would worry about mortality..and all I worry about is...will my bench press go down?
geez !
'lifter' to the core.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Glad to see you are hanging in there Lately I've been just reading about people who lift big weights as I think thats all it should take to get stronger myself lol
best of the season to ya and hopefully I'll catch up with some where next year

2:52 AM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

Probably the Nationals ???
I will definately do a CPO meet this year-unless I go broke OR end up with a 300-ish pound bench which ever (doesn't) comes first..

10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home