Saturday, May 16, 2009

HAAW !

...That's what I said when my 600 went up today !

Of course, as you know that is equal to most everyone's 'one boards' but progress was made in forging ahead toward the goal in the WABDL Nationals in Portland on June 13th...

Also, we messed around with the Super Katana and Bruce was able to help me break the shirt in...it will be used for sure for the BIG attempts I try at the meet...my 2nd string shirt (Last year's Katana) will be for my opener and 2nd attempt...

Today I lifted 440 496 551 585 and 600 in lifts that were heavy overload partials... next 2 heavy workouts will focus on form and touching an opener and a solid 2nd attempt...I think the BIG stuff in the Newer shirt are really close to ready !

Bruce and Nancy had great workouts --Nancy used a worn out Phenom and did 220 pounds at 148 bodyweight....Bruce hit some PR singles in reverse band benching--not to mention his lift offs for Nancy and Me...he lifted off the 440 496 551 585 and 600 mentioned earlier (pretty much a strict shrug)

We head back for serious work 2 weeks from now....really a short while til contest time.

5 Comments:

Blogger zaitsoff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

1:37 AM  
Blogger zaitsoff said...

sorry about that, anyway good job on the workout. no doubt you will lift it for real in Portland on June 13, gentle reminder. a dear friend of ours is having a birthday ten days before that on June 3

1:47 AM  
Blogger Ruth and Fred said...

Woo HOOO!!! Congrats on lifting the equivalent of a small elephant! Or a medium brown bear! Or a gigantic watermelon (watch out for the seeds)!
Your Portland lift will be awesome!

9:40 AM  
Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Great stuff

2:04 PM  
Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Thanks for the advice on my blog. I had to exprement a lot to get the shirt to work for me. In the end we ended up adding in ten inches of material to the back so that I could get the bar into a path that works for me. I know I will have to torque the sleeves, but I have run out of time so I'm going to have to learn on meet day. Hope the spotters are on the ball. lol

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home