Saturday, March 01, 2008

Why Worry?

There are residual maladies to my Bench Press acreage, in the swamp that is my physical Universe...

To make things worse, I WORRY about them....

"Oooh, I feel bruised everywhere--I wonder if there is a hairline fracture of my forearm? wonder if I'll pull my triceps tendon?"

etc.
Whatta wuss !!

unlike the ancient folks that "Have fallen and cant get up" on the old TV ads

I fell, could get up, but bitched about it !

-so much so, that I'm getting an XRay Monday--to shut 'myselves' up!
(previous post explains)

But today, I focused on getting my IPF style form back so that I might get some goals on the platform on March 15th in Issaquah at the USAPL Washington State meet...The USAPL American record in the Bench Press for 65-69 is only 418 (in the 125+ kg category)
In training today, I opened with 440, paused it a long time --lifted it swiftly and no infractions were noted by Bruce Or Nancy...then I chose to lift 468 which would EXCEED the current "single lift" IPF World record.

(Held by legendary masters champion John Blackmon)

that lift was achieved 'practice perfect' as well...no butt lift on this one, so that would have been good for an American Record...now let me get it on the platform.

(UNOFFICIALLY breaks the IPF Mark !--used as a further goal )

then I did a 485 single that was like a rocket..with a nice pause and a strong lock out..

I'm using my 'worn out' Katana shirt by Titan to get these lifts in..

IF I relax and center myself, and lift to the judges satisfaction, 2 weeks from now ...this contest should be a great way to start my competition year...lighter than my WABDL Goals, BUT I'm new to this age group..so, good to go in to challenge the records right off ! Makes the contest have "a reason"

But after this workout today, I worried for nothing...just burnt more furrows into my brow and whitened my hair a bit more...my arm didn't fall off or self destruct under heavy weights so next time, I'll save the brain calories for trying to remember where I left my car keys !

Jody Cranston will be lifting in the 'deadlift' section of the meet he usually breaks a record of some sort every time he lifts...so the meet will be a good one for our abbreviated BC team...we lift early in the 9 am flight--it's at the Holiday Inn Issaquah...Nancy Carpenter may go to help us, it'll be one of those travel at 4 am or so--lift--and THEN travel home, same day...good thing JODY likes to drive !

FLASH --This just in from the world's strongest scientist...Clint Harwood !!

"Hey Robo;
Well...The Shirt Gods they did not smile upon me. Old and Vengeful, they turned their backs, and all my shirts died.
So in my inimitable way, I decided to do a meet raw. I opened with 227.5 KILOS, jumped to 235, nailed it, and then missed 237.5 KGS...Misgrooved it...ah well. Still, a raw 518 pound BP is nothing to sneeze at!
Hope all is well with you!
C "

WOW --Great Raw benching big guy !! Congratulations on this lift !!
You Da MAN !!!
--and a Half !!

Robt. O.

2 Comments:

Blogger zaitsoff said...

sorry your going through stuff hope you will be okay

11:14 AM  
Blogger zaitsoff said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home