Monday, February 25, 2008

...Fall down go ...BOOM !

Yesterday, I trained heavy raw benches 315 X2
355 +385+395

Then reverse bands with the LIGHT bands (purples)
405X4 +455 +455 and that was it...

I was backing off a bit, due to......

well it went like this.....

Last Wednesday, I did my DE day bench workout and everything went smoothly..as I went thru the gym to get to the water dispenser, I saw a fitness trainer set up to balance his client on one of those Balls everyone in the simp gyms train on...however he rolled one back...I stepped around it...he moved a foot back I dodged it...he moved another of his feet back from his kneeling position--I tried to miss it...but somehow this dudes foot radar wanted me to tromp his reeboks...THAT obstacle tested my nimbleness to the limit and I tripped over his outstretched foot...I tripped and did what would've been a very funny cartoon 5 foot stumble...finally I decided to hit the rug...as the next alternative to trying to stay upright, would've been crashing into a loaded dumb bell rack --and over into the the 3rd story window...as I hit the floor instead, I landed on my hip and worse, my BAD arm/shoulder.

Fitness boy was training a lady and I was just hoping no one would quip--"You really FELL for her didn't you?"
---no one did...
And yes, the landing of 300 pounds on ones arm, shoulder, elbow n' hip does bruise and hurt ...but I wasn't worried about pain..I just didn't want a hair line crack of the forearm...or something that will show up in a meet when I'm trying 600 lbs or sumpin....

I got up from the fall and made sure only 40 of the 65 people had seen my clumsiness...initially the hurt of the fall is not top of mind... the embarrassment is ...

as for the trainer...

services for him are on Thursday, spandex attire is acceptable.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony Tomra said...

hope you are ok Training on a ball for core work??? maybe they should try some heavy ass training lol

4:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home