Saturday, February 16, 2008

When Heavy is light !

After my light (DE) day this week --I felt more battered in the joints-tendons-shoulders than usual..
Eeek ! is it true, AGE does exist?
"I've always thought it was a myth" (and try to treat it as such.)

So today, I decided to back away from the HEAVY shirt work and do a little less--this with the idea that my next meet might be a USAPL meet on the IDES OF MARCH...I'd really like to hit the WABDL meet in Pasco the week before, BUT the winter has made Snoqualmie summit a bitch to drive over this season and I can't seem to get anyone interested enough to brave the 7-8 hour drive there....so, if I'm USAPL-ing it instead...all I need is a 440 bench to get the new 65-69 age group American Record...
Today I used my loosest Katana and took a long set up--then a long pause and hit 440, a perfect lift easily with my first shirt lift--
then 462 perfect pause and bang up went the weight...
then we tried 474 it went really well, but Nancy thought she saw some butt lift off the bench...
so I tried 485 and yes --it seems I still lift my chest up to touch the bar...altho it was paused n' paused and went up easily, it would've been a no lift...I'm sure it is easy to fix and that today's work was good because of the long holds..pauses..and improved form however, one jar of Elmer's butt glue please...
Cheek implants anyone??
So the rest of the workout was the Raw warm ups 225X6 330X2 350X1+375X1
then reverse band lifts with 3's to 5's in reps, and weights to 507 --then some static pin presses with
440 462 496 507 ...wow--it felt like a huge workout WITHOUT handling the bone shattering 562 of 2 weeks ago...

Bruce had a great workout too--and Nancy hit weights in her shirt (single Phenom) that usually are PR type weights--in today's workout they were feathers...

our team celebrated at the EDGE restaurant for lunch....ummmmm Butter chicken !!
Basmati rice and Naan bread...ummmm !

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home