Thursday, December 27, 2007

Reverse Band PR 545

Or should I say it's a reverse band record at my alternate gym, where the rack has a different distance for the bands to assist the lift? I have perceived this set up to be more difficult--so next goal to see if I can hit more next time and the same or more at Nancy's Gym--

The workout was RAW pin presses to start...225 X8 warm ups FAST (speed on the bar)
315X3 then
2 singles with 365 (chest height start to lockout 11-12" later)
395 395
405 405 ...take care when doing these, some people say they kill the shoulders...

...then I put the blue bands on to assist the lift as a shirt would, 500+500+
515 +515
then I tried 545, and it was VERY SMOOTH ! a medium hard effort.

So, that was the workout...next week I'll do a "dynamic" day followed by HEAVY shirt work Saturday the 5th--
Lot's of good things have been coming my way (recognition) they are 'secret' for now, but as soon as I can, I'll let you know about these little events that make a 'geezer' like myself VERY Proud and Happy !

cartoon image by me -in ZBrush

3 Comments:

Blogger Tony Tomra said...

Hey robert talked to bruce the other day sounds like nationals will be in toronto again. should have an announcement in the next couple of weeks I will have to watch for seat sales right noww a flight to toronto is about a grand. I am going to try and blog my training we'll see how it goes
http://tony-tt.blogspot.com/
anyway happy new year
Tony

5:09 PM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

Tony that is great that you are blogging your workouts too--I'll 'favoritize' it right now--Gad !! Toronto? I'll try very hard to make it--but that is a BIG ticket--just as long as we get the date soon so we can plan..this almost makes me want to try one of the GPC meets (due to easier flight) HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU CHAMP !!
can wait to read YOUR blog !

8:51 AM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

geee-eeeez !!
meant to TYPE
"CAN'T wait to read your blog"

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home