Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wolbers makes the cut !!

The 2009 WABDL Worlds has been over since October -- BUT Powerlifting USA magazine has extensive coverage and a huge front page COVER of the meet in it's February 2010 issue on stands now...

I got a paragraph mentioning my easy time winning, and my 578.5 bench WR earlier in the year..my close attempts with 600 in the past and Gus also outlined that I had been an olympic style lifter in 1964 (it's actually 1958 thru 1962--winning AAU USA teen nationals in 1960) Gus has most of his 5000 lifters memorized, and he is usually right on, or very close in his memory..

He mentioned the nice lifting and victories of Canada's Warren Orr... and of Nancy Carpenter --altho she is now 54 --he had her at 51 ...if you read this HUGE article on the event you'll see why once every million words ..there is a 'molecule' sized error due to the magnitude of the article...all in all a SUPER report...

...even making an other fed jealous enough to complain on the Outlaw Powerlifting web forum --it's easy to guess who the 'anonymous ' who started the 'anti' thread was --strange that the "Outlaws" didn't see this as what it was..jealousy and fear of losing lots of lifters in a particular state (and it's affiliated World Body)...rather than the purported gripe about PLUSA itself that they described it as...

ON to GOOD News !! Jon Wolbers of Abbotsford BC got his picture in the report and GREAT PRAISE for his astounding 600.7 DEADLIFT and World 1st place ranking

Jon --bottom row--3rd from left....

Jon Pulled 600 with ease ! Congratulations Jon !! I'm super proud to lift with you on team BC ! Congratulations on your numbers in both the bench and the deadlift.

...Yesterday was a work out at Nancy's...after many months of laying off (doctors orders) I found I was only about capable of a bodyweight Bench...so taking it easy --I did 20 sets or so, but I did mostly a tonus workout with the team, as it is 11 days before my 'whipple procedure'--so I'll be out of touch with you til end of March or early April...

So here at Bench Bozo the fry window is closed for awhile but if you want a huge order of fries you'd better speak into the clowns nose now !

1 Comments:

Blogger Steve Denning said...

Go get 'em Thorndyke!

7:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home