Sunday, July 19, 2009

Ehh...'Not So Heavy' ...day !

Today's workout was pushing from the pins at chest height...hadn't been in the gym since the shirt work a week ago...excuse was, I had a small twinge in my shoulder warming up last time, and I wanted to rest, it's bad timing with the meet August 22nd in Olympia, around the corner.

But, lay off I did...and I seemed down 10 pounds in strength from my last raw heavy day...workout was--135 for 10 as I tried to get the shoulder warm...225 for 5 or so..then 315 for 3-- 365 for one---then 365 again because it had no bar speed AND my shoulder wasn't laughing 2nd single went better..then 385 that was a tough one...then 385 again--aha--this time it went up easier..then 390 for 1 --then 395 for one...2 weeks ago I'd hit 405 easily...so shoulder strain AND laying off for 7 days robbed me of 10 pounds...yes, how did you know? I DO have an appointment with the chiropractor tomorrow..first thing...

As I move the pins UP so that the bar is farther from my chest---and move the weight to 405 I notice my shoulder is warmed up and I'm not feeling the soreness.

So I do 3 reps with 405 and then try to do close grips...the close grips are HARD...but I manage 425 -445 and 455 that way....
then I add floor mats to the top of bench to get my chest as high as before (in the LOW pin setting) of course my traps sink into the mats as I do this--but I'm in roughly back in the low pin level...and I'm getting 405 easily...so either, I needed more warm up and didn't lose 10 pounds from last session...
OR..
I'm B.S.-ing myself so I wont feel so bad... I tend to GO with the 'B.S.-ing' but don't tell my subconscious.

Did you know Seattle's BIG beach meet "Alki" is the week BEFORE our Olympia meet?
It's a lot of fun usually...our team hates to miss it this year...it's not the lifting 2 weeks in a row..it's the expense and the 2 travels to the very traffic congested Seattle Megalopolis ...check Washington State USAPL's site for entry info...

Speaking of USAPL...I made a "foo" of myself on Powerlifting Watch dot com--this week...the USAPL has a new 'ranking' list and in many years (when Mike Armstrong did the work) I have had a top Bench only ranking...
so this year --I use the search that was written about at PLWatch..
and...
nope...a guy with 248 pounds in the 65-69 super class somehow manages to outrank my 512...

so I write a little joke about it...
then a serious inquiry...
and a poster states that they started with the American records...so I, wearing out my welcome in the thread-- say here is PROOF and show the records page...
Then
he says it has nothing to do with the records (he just said that's the info that feeds the list) --and then he helps with this remark--

"You are not found in the MEMBER data base..."

well then, get a data base that is accurate... what you're saying is...

YOUR DOG ate MY Homework....

meanwhile PLWatch readers were as tired of reading about me as I was trying to figure it out...so now...I must just keep my 'typing' here for awhile...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home