Saturday, June 27, 2009

Heavy Day back !

After the 578.5 Bench in Portland ....
(pictures are down below in previous blog)
I was pleased to be only 21.5 pounds from my ultimate all time goal, so I took it a bit easy--I was in the gym twice --one light day, and a heavy raw day.
Up to 400 in that chest level 'pin' press exercise I do...
(365+ 365 +385 +390 +395 +400 +400--that was Wednesday)

Today It was back to Nancy's gym for heavy work in a shirt --altho I took it carefully and only did 496 for 2 singles and a 507 and a 512 single, in my loosest training shirt...then reverse bands for moderately heavy lifts to get some reps and some fast movements in.

It was a good workout for only the 3rd in 14 days...we have 50 some days til we compete again--so in 2 weeks I'll begin to kick the weight back up...

THE NEW Powerlifting USA is on the stands in Vancouver --the June issue is just in at Mayfair books on Broadway (near Granville) usta be they'd put in 3 or 4 copies--and usually sell em all--now we see 10 or so copies come in --and go out by the end of that issue..so Vancouver area Powerlifters are responding well to having the mag in one central place !--I bought 3 this time--0ne for me--one for our stalwart lift off man Bruce Everett and one for Jane Smith (Canada's master competitor in IPF Worlds ) who is going waaaay up north for work...we'll miss her-The Nancitizer and Janelator as they win the best medals the CPU can offer !

--but she says her Arctic outpost has a gym so she might even be able to swing the WABDL Worlds in Reno this year...but tonite Nancy is having a going away party for her...I have this bad habit of bringing nice Yellow Tail Shiraz for everyone...then somehow mysteriously drinking MOST of it....

bad--bozo--bad....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home