Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Phoenix VIDEO with notes

Titan Katana the secret of my success !

Yes, that and my training crew in Vancouver, Bruce, Nancy and Jody !
and my helpers in Phoenix the day of the meet, Gene Knight and his son Zak--Zak took care of my nervousness by getting the shirt in place, helping with warm ups and lifting off perfectly !! Thank You Zak !!


556 WABDL World Record

Before I have you play the clip, I have a raft O' Splainin' to do !
The rules of the day were altered due to missing safety bars, so Gus allowed the middle spotter to stay with the bar (hands around-not touching) this is a no-no normally --but some heavy lifts were attempted 650-750 and without the supports we had to relax the rules for the safety of all..

What you see and hear in my clip is me rocketing the bar off the chest..getting to within and inch of lockout, locking out and the rack signal (not heard on recording --due to enthusiastic encouragement ) the bar being taken crookedly ...you'll hear my daughter, Justine Wintersmith camera woman, seeing one red light--moaning--then seeing 2 whites and saying yay as the crowd happily cheers...but I had told her to turn the camera off when the bar was racked...so the audio playback missed the celebration...

556 it was a good lift -2 to 1

-but this video is confusing with the spotters allowed on THIS day to stay so close to the bar...

more on this meet at my website NOW

CLICK HERE

...some good pictures and more info--then it's training for Seattle in just 2 weeks !!

BTW --I weighed in at 303 !! (helping me win the best lifter masters sword below--54 plus masters)

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

i can back up that the middle spotter didn't touch the bar, since i was the spotter. good job robert.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Thorndike Pickledish said...

Hey Zak--this will be twice i mis spelled your name --since my son is a ZACH--I thank you for your great help and fabulous sense of humor during my meet nervosity ! your dad is a true inspiration too!

10:33 PM  
Blogger zaitsoff said...

once again, good job.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Tony Tomra said...

You made that weight look easy.looks like second attempt at the next meet??? Watching your success certainly gives me inspiration for my future in this sport. again great going Rob.
Oh and I'm not training for any thing just dropping some body weight so I feel better.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home