Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Humble Tony !

"Tony in PLUSA CLICK IT"

WOW !! Whatta guy !!

Hey! The December issue of Powerlifting USA--has a report of the WPC Worlds, and BC's own Tony Tomra got his picture in the meet report on page 6---what astounds me --is--he was so HUMBLE about the numbers he put up in both the bench only and the full meet masters!!he got a 551 bench press and a 1851 Total !!

And I blog on about my bench in the aged fatso class and this guys just..'ho hums' these GREAT lifts...altho the WPC doesn't drug test--Tony has always been a drug free lifter ! Congratulations Tony..look for the PLUSA with Andy Bolton's 1003 deadlift on the cover..BTW No,my subscription issue did NOT arrive--I bought this one in downtown Vancouver !

oh yeah..I did the speed work today for Saturday's shirt session..guess I'll have to wear the NEW katana to try to get anywhere near Tony's neighborhood !!

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Robo, The man in the middle is Alexei Neklyudov of Russia. We (Butenko and I) stayed at his appartment in Moscow last August.
Bert M.

9:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home